Linguica and Bacon Pizza baked with sautéed onion, melted mozzarella and monterey jack cheese and topped with fresh Arugula!
Man do I love pizza. I can only think of one time in my entire life where I turned down pizza. I was at a Super Bowl party and craved nachos instead! 🙂 But really, who doesn’t love pizza? I like all kinds of pizza and love trying new flavors with different combinations! I like making my pizza homemade rather than store-bought because it’s much healthier and I get to choose all my toppings!
Remove your pizza dough from the fridge and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 450°.
In the same pan, cook together the onion and linguica for about 8 minutes and set aside. I like to use Silva’s Hot Linguica because it adds a little bit of spice and comes already fully cooked 🙂
While the linguica and onion are cooking prepare your Garlic Parmesan White Pizza Sauce and set aside. This is seriously one of my favorite pizza sauces and only takes 5 minutes!
Prepare the bacon and set aside.
For the pizza dough you want to use around 1 pound of store-bought or homemade dough. I honestly just grab a bag of the already made pizza dough in the deli section. Make sure your pizza dough sits out for about 20 minutes before rolling. If your dough is too cold, you’ll notice it shrinks back together after every roll. But if it’s at room temperature you’ll be able to actually roll the dough out and have it stay!
Sprinkle flour on a large clean surface and roll out your pizza dough. I always make sure to flour my rolling pin as well. Add more flour when needed to prevent the dough from sticking to the rolling pin, counter, and dough.
Spread my Garlic Parmesan White Pizza Sauce over the entire pizza. Then sprinkle the edges of the pizza with parmesan cheese so you end up with a parmesan crust after it’s done baking. Yum!
Top with the Linguisa and onion mixture. Then top with bacon.
Sprinkle the pizza with both cheeses.
Transfer the pizza to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
While the pizza is baking, prepare the arugula topping. Place two large handfuls (or about 3 cups) of arugula into a large bowl. Add the salt, pepper, and olive oil, toss together, and set aside. I highly recommend actually measuring the olive oil. I hardly ever measure oil when a recipe calls for it but this is an exception. You might be thinking that half a teaspoon of olive oil doesn’t sound like enough, but trust me, it is! You only want the slightest amount of olive oil because if you add too much you’ll end up with soggy arugula that’s weighed down by the oil.
Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven leaving behind the parchment paper and pizza so that the parchment paper is now directly on the oven rack. Bake for another 5-7 minutes without the baking sheet.
Let the pizza cool for 3-5 minutes and top with arugula!
Slice and try not to eat the whole pizza! 😉
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 13oz of linguica chopped (I like to use Silva's Hot Linguica)
- 7 pieces of bacon cooked and chopped
- ½ cup Garlic Parmesan White Pizza Sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese grated
- ½ cup monterey jack cheese grated
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 handfuls of arugula (about 3 cups)
- ½ tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Remove pizza dough from fridge and set aside
- Preheat the oven to 450°
- In a medium pan, cook together the onion and linguisa and set aside
- Prepare the Garlic and Parmesan White Pizza Sauce and set aside
- Cook the bacon and set aside
- Roll out your pizza dough
- Evenly spread the Garlic Parmesan White Pizza Sauce over the pizza dough
- Sprinkle the edges of the dough with parmesan cheese
- Top with linguica and onion
- Top with bacon
- Top with monterey jack and mozzarella cheese
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, cook the pizza for 15 minutes.
- While the pizza is baking, prepare your arugula topping. In a medium bowl toss together the arugula, olive oil, salt, and pepper and set aside.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven leaving behind the parchment paper and pizza so the parchment paper is now directly on the oven rack. Bake for another 5-7 minutes
- Remove the pizza and let it cool for 3-5 minutes
- Top with arugula and slice!