Slow Cooker Barbacoa simmered in red wine and packed with shallots, garlic, herbs, and freshly squeezed lime juice!
I’m a huge fan of the crock pot. Nothing makes me more happy than throwing a bunch of ingredients into a pot and then opening the lid 8 hours later to find a delicious meal ready to serve!
This Slow Cooker Barbacoa is my go to recipe for entertaining. With the meat in the crock pot, I don’t have to worry about cooking while the guests are here! There are no dirty dishes, I have way more counter space for serving appetizers, and I have more time to socialize with friends! Glass of wine? Yes please!
This meat is perfect for tacos, burrito bowls, nachos, salad, quesadillas, and so much more!
Be sure to tune back in tomorrow for my next blog post where I’ll be talking all about Barbacoa Tacos!
- 3 Pounds Chuck Roast, Boneless
- 1 Cup Red Wine (Cab, Red Blend, or Pinot Noir)
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- Juice of one Lime
- 2 Shallots Sliced
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- ½ Tbsp Pepper
- Garnish with Cilantro and Lime!
- In a slow cooker, add all of the ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves
- With 2 forks, shred the meat inside the slow cooker and serve!