The Super Bowl is right around the corner and I couldn’t be more excited! I love the Super Bowl. I mean…ALL THE AMAZING FOOD! Yes, I love the Super Bowl for the food and the food only. To be honest, I’m not really a sports fan. I mean I love going to games but when they’re on TV it’s just not as fun ya know? I’m that person that is strictly at a Super Bowl party to eat, drink, and socialize 🙂
Pizza, nachos, sliders, chips, dips, wings, beer…do I need to say more? The Super Bowl is a day where I get to eat all my favorite foods in one sitting!
If you are attending a Super Bowl party and are struggling with what to make, I can assure you these Game Day Cheeseburger Sliders will be a huge hit!
Sliders are perfect for the Super Bowl, not only because they are super easy and delicious, but they are the perfect finger food!
To start, prepare the meat mixture. Then preheat the oven to 375° and lightly spray two Pyrex pans with non stick cooking spray. Slice all 24 Hawaiian buns in half horizontally and place the bottoms of the buns (bottom side down) in the pans, 12 buns in each. Note: my pictures below only show one of the two pans used.
Break each piece of cheese into fours and place on top of the the buns. I use Lucerne Sharp Cheddar Cheese Slices.
Bake for 7 minutes to melt the cheese. The first couple of times making these sliders, some of the buns would get a little soggy on the bottom. After some testing, I found that by melting the cheese first, the bottom of the buns get a chance to bake longer rather than just baking the sliders all at once!
Remove the pans from the oven and add the meat mixture. I honestly just sprinkle the meat all over. Nobody has the time to stand there and scoop the meat individually over 24 buns haha. It’s okay if it’s messy!
Add the top half of each bun to the top of the meat mixture.
In a saucepan, melt the butter and whisk in the brown sugar. With a pastry brush, paint the top of each bun with the butter mixture.
Let the sliders sit for about 4 minutes and let the indulging begin! I mean game, let the game begin 😉
- 24 Hawaiian Rolls
- 6 (or more to your liking) Sharp Cheddar Cheese Slices
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1½ Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1½ Tsp Paprika
- 1½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Can (14.5oz) Diced Tomatoes, Drained
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Sesame Seeds*
- Heat the olive oil in a large deep skillet and add the onion and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes
- Add the ground beef, worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, paprika, salt, pepper, and cumin, and cook till the meat is no longer pink. Add the diced tomatoes and heat through for 3-4 minutes
- While the meat is cooking, preheat the oven to 375°
- Spray the bottom of two 9x13 pyrex pans or baking dishes
- Cut all 24 slider buns in half horizontally. Arrange the bottoms of the buns into the two pans (12 buns in each) and top with cheddar cheese slices
- Bake for 7 minutes to melt the cheese and then remove the pans from the oven
- Using the lid of your pan, drain the fat from the meat mixture*
- Then add the meat mixture to the sliders, on top of the melted cheese
- Finish the sliders by adding the top half of each bun, on top of the meat mixture
- For the bun topping, melt the butter in a small saucepan and whisk in the brown sugar. Using a pastry brush, brush the top of each slider with the topping mixture
- Sprinkles each slider with sesame seeds and bake for another 10-13 minutes
*Make sure you really drain all the fat from the meat mixture. If you have extra liquid in the meat mixture, it can cause the bottom of the slider buns to get a little soggy
*For leftovers, store in the refrigerator in a sealed container! They keep extremely well!